❄ Winter Storm Watch for Kossuth and Faribault MN from Thursday morning through late Thursday night
…Rain changing to windswept snow Thursday into Thursday night…
A winter storm will track through the region on Thursday with travel impacts likely over northwest and north central Iowa and areas in neighboring states. While the precipitation will start as rain Thursday morning, a cold front will push through Iowa during the day that will rapidly increase winds and deliver colder air. This will cause the rain to quickly change to snow from northwest Iowa southeastward through the day. Windswept snow will lead to significantly reduced visibilities over northwest into portions of north central Iowa and may approach blizzard conditions. While much of the snow will end Thursday evening, winds will remain strong and gusty from the northwest overnight into Friday with blowing snow remaining a concern for travelers.
…WINTER STORM WATCH FOR KOSSUTH COUNTY FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT…
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. Wind gusts over 45 mph and as
high as 55 mph.
* WHERE…Northwest Iowa into parts of North Central Iowa.
* WHEN…From Thursday morning through late Thursday night.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility, including the
Thursday evening commute, and may approach blizzard conditions. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches.
Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING FOR FARIBAULT COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MINNESOTA…
* WHAT…Blizzard conditions possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of central and south central Minnesota.
* WHEN…From Thursday afternoon through Friday morning.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the evening commute. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches.
Prepare for possible blizzard conditions. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.