- This event has passed.
Mission Possible: Operation Lifesaver Blood Drive 🩸
September 1 @ 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Mission Possible: Operation Lifesaver Blood Drive 🩸
- Friday September 1st from 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Southbridge Mall in Mason City
- All Blood Donors will receive a FREE T-Shirt while supplies last!
- Bring your ID, drink plenty of water, eat a good/hearty meal, and make sure you are feeling well today MANY things have changed since the pandemic, please check again if you have eligibility questions! To learn more visit LifeServeBloodCenter.org or call 800.287.4903
- Check lifeservebloodcenter.org/donate-blood/blood-donor-eligibility for a list
medications and other eligibility information
- Appointments are encouraged
- 16-year-olds need signed consent form available at LifeServeBloodCenter.org OR we have them here
- Try LifeServe’s QuickPass for a faster donation process! Lifeserve.info/quickpass
- Complete your screening the day of your donation and print the email and bring with you or screen shot the bar code to be scanned when you come in
Why should you give blood?
- Last year LifeServe’s hospital partners used over 230 blood products PER DAY 1 in 7 entering the hospital will need a transfusion.
- Only 3% – 5% of the population donates blood
- Many Trauma Surgeons refer to the summertime as “Trauma Season” due to demand going up in our local hospitals. Donating in the summer, and around holidays, is more important than ever to help keep the blood on the shelves so our surgeons and doctors can help those in need at a moment’s notice.
- Blood donors will do more in one hour than most will do in a lifetime.
Blood Drive Specific Themes:
- Your mission – should you choose to accept it – is to report to the Southbridge Mall
on September 1 for your chance to save up to three lives in your community.
- No jumping out of planes, scaling buildings or spy work required. We just need you
(no stunt doubles allowed) to roll up your sleeve and donate blood.
- The mission is valid for one day, and your action will take about 60 minutes. We are
counting on the success of your mission to provide blood to patients in need in
- Perform the mission successfully and you will receive a limited-edition t-shirt in
exchange for the community’s gratitude. Your lifesaving sacrifice will not go
- It’s time to fight for the greater good.
LifeServe Blood Center is a non-profit, community-based blood center that has served the needs of local hospitals and patients in our regions since 1963. As one of the 15 largest blood centers in the country, LifeServe provides blood products to 157 hospitals primarily in Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. LifeServe is committed to saving lives by providing
premier service to volunteer blood donors and access to a safe, quality blood supply for hospitals and patients. Your donation with LifeServe will help save your neighbor, a friend or family member or a stranger on the street. YOU make a difference in YOUR community. For more information about blood donation or to schedule an appointment to donate
blood, call 800.287.4903 or visit www.lifeservebloodcenter.org